Since our establishment in 1978, Avondale has successfully completed numerous general building contracts for Clients who appreciate our can-do attitude, speed of response, customer service and outstanding health and safety record.
Examples of multi-trade packages we have successfully completed include:
Barts Hospital – Catering Block Refurbishment
MoD Whitehall – London Rationalisation Programme
HMP Belmarsh – Conference Centre Refurbishment
Bloomberg London – South Building Welfare
Various London 2012 venues – Small Works Framework Agreement
We are vastly experienced in working on complex projects and in sensitive locations including carrying out works in occupied buildings including in schools, hospitals, army barracks and major sporting facilities.
Our Clients typically want one point of responsibility to programme, procure and manage the myriad of smaller trade contractors required to deliver these projects.
Fixed price general builders packages we can deliver include:
- Design and construction of welfare establishment
- Strip out and waste removal
- Builders work including forming doorway, forming holes in connection with services, forming concrete plinths, bunds and up stands and cute and carve packages
- Principle contractor for turn-key construction projects (up to £2 million)
- Facilities management contracts, both hard and soft FM services
We are a registered company with the Considerate Constructer’s Scheme (ID number 00091) and as a company we seek to be good ambassadors for the construction industry. Other accreditations we hold include CHAS: CONSTRUCTION ON LINE ACHILLES: ISO: 9001/2008 Management systems for: Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety.
Avondale site management are trained to a very high standard in accordance CITB Criteria and all have supervisory training, are aware of the need to plan works, produce method statements and risk assessment for each task, monitor these works and ensure they are completed in accordance with our client’s requirements.
All our managers and operatives are aware of the high standards expected of them at work and the requirement to reduce any negative impact they may have on the area in which they are working. All projects in which we are involved should aim to leave a positive impression on these they affect.
General Builders Work
We work for a number of clients and Main Contractors carrying out General Builders Packages.
These packages can include;
- Stripping out of premises and waste removal including managing the duty of care regarding the transfer of waste
- Cutting and carving existing buildings to suit a revised layout including demolition of walls and the forming of openings within existing walls including temporary works design
- Forming holes and chases in connection with building services including fire stopping works on completion of the services installations to maintain the fire strategy
- Trial pits in connection with the location and exposing of underground services or the exposing of foundations for structural engineer inspections
- Concrete works to form plant bases, plinths, up stands for building services plant
- Concrete bases for temporary site cabins and installation of hutting and facilities including temporary plumbing and electrics works
Design and Build Welfare Establishments
Avondale has constructed a number of large insitu welfare establishments on major construction developments for blue chip clients.
We also have an in-house ability to advice on spatial planning of these facilities and produce drawings for these facilities including
- Canteen kitchen and servery
- Dining Area
- Hanger Rack Drying Room & Changing facilities
- Male and Female Toilets
- Shower areas
- Induction room
- Site Management offices
- Reception and Security Office.
These packages are turn-key solutions where we programme, procure and manage all work packages and hand over the facilities ready for use.
We have been awarded a number of facilities management contracts in recent years as companies have looked to outsource ancillary services, allowing them to concentrate on their core businesses.
These contracts have been both for the Hard FM and Soft FM services and have followed extensive audits by these Blue Chip Clients involving the successful review of our ISO9001:2008 Management Systems for Quality, Health and Safety and Environment as well as our employment practices.
Hard FM Services: Renovation of existing buildings including decant services, strip out and refurbishment works.
Soft FM Services: The provision of management and handyman on a fixed term agreement to form an on-site facilities management team carrying out general on- going maintenance works.
In addition to the above services we can provide Front of House Manned Security and Cleaning Services.
Principal Contractor Role
We are happy to carry out the Principal Contractor role for our Clients in accordance with the current CDM Regulations.
Contact us for more information: 020 7485 3475